1. What is Expanded Polystyrene (EPS)?
Expanded Polystyrene is a rugged thermoplastic that encapsulates air. The air entrapped in the plastic serves as an insulator, sound deadener, and cushion to protect packaged goods from in transit damage. Expanded Polystyrene is actually a trade name similar to Thermocol that gained widespread use of the term as a reference to the actual product
2. How do I know if custom shape molded Expanded Polystyrene is the right selection for my application?
Typically molders such as Penguin will design, and develop the best possible product for your application. You will be provided with part pricing and tooling costs, and if these are favorable prototyping and production parts.
3. What are typical applications for Expanded Polystyrene?
Expanded Polystyrene is used to protect audio and visual equipment, as components of appliances, flotation, insulation, medical packaging, packs for computers and computer peripherals.
4. What are the advantages of Expanded Polystyrene over other competing products, such as fabricated foams?
State of the art molding equipment and strict process controls provide for repeatable and consistent product quality and performance. In addition, Expanded Polystyrene is usually a low cost, fast turnaround alternative.
5. Is Expanded Polystyrene recyclable?
Expanded Polystyrene is recyclable using a variety of techniques like compaction, extrusion etc into various plastic articles like casette boxes, lumber, pencils etc.
If you are interested in any of our quality products, please contact us.